The five obstacles on your way to fundraising success and how to overcome them
The way to winning a grant
Stay up to date on any promotions and special offers by subscribing to our newsletter!
Turn around your fundraising today!
Are you a fundraiser for a non-profit, but your job feels way harder than it should? Do you constantly worry about how your organization will sustain its work and have a hard time securing grants? Does it feel like most energy goes into getting the funds instead of actually doing the project work in your organization? Then this course is for you! No matter the size of your organization or if you are a beginner or have years of experience – this online course will help you to develop a strategy for your fundraising efforts and bring them back on track.
online course covers all areas of fundraising, starting with the
development of a strategy and ending with the writing of a first
proposal draft. Our experienced instructors have identified five main
obstacles on the way to fundraising success that many fundraisers run
into. In this course, we will systematically address them - and find a
way to overcome them. Join us to tear down the obstacles in your way!
For more details about what exactly will be covered in this extensive course, check the curriculum a little bit further down.
What are the parts of this course and what will you walk away with?
The online course “The five obstacles on your way to fundraising success and how to overcome them” is a certificate course about international fundraising. It consists of:
- 5 Modules covering all the important aspects of fundraising
- 5 videos in which experts share the inside scoop
- More than 70 pages of supporting materials
- Cheat sheets for every module, where you can see all the most important points on one page
- More than 10 samples of successful proposals and concept notes
- More than 20 templates for different parts of the proposal and fundraising process
- Quizzes at the end of each module (80% needed to pass)
- Homework assignments that will help you to apply the gained knowledge to your project
- Access to an exclusive Facebook group where you can discuss with peers
- A copy of the E-book “The NGO Guide to Proposal Writing: The complete ‘How to’ for everything proposal related”
At the end of the course you will receive a certificate by Philantropia.
If you follow the modules and do your homework, by the end of the course you will have all the tools at your fingertips. By the end of the 5 weeks, you will have
- A holistic strategy for your fundraising efforts
- A donor map with at least 10 potential donors to contact
- A networking strategy that will open doors for you
- The first draft of a proposal that will win your future donors’ hearts immediately
- Get a certificate of completion
Who should take the course?
- NGO managers and executive directors
- Fundraising and development professionals for local and international NGOs
- Non-profit consultants and consulting firms
- Fundraisers for local NGOs and small organizations
- Fundraisers for a cause close to their heart
ProposalsforNGOs is an Approved Provider for Continuing Education in Fundraising. Full participation in "The 5 obstacles on your way to fundraising success and how to overcome them" is applicable for 5.5 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification. CFRE is an independent certification for fundraising professionals which aims to to setting standards in philanthropy through a valid and reliable certification process for fundraising professionals.
Participation in the (educational program title) may assist you in learning or reviewing concepts covered on the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) examination as detailed on the Test Content Outline provided by CFRE International. CFRE International does not sponsor or endorse any educational programs and the (educational program title) was not developed in conjunction with CFRE International.
"I’m almost at the end of module 1: Developing Fundraising strategy. I can confess that this module is extremely interesting and informative. I have learnt a lot and can realize that I and my team were following wrong way. Now we have to change completely the way we were doing things. Thank you lot. I will read and re-read before moving to the next module. Every participant of this course has to master this module. Again thank you."
- Togola Abou, International Institute for Tropical Agriculture
StartVideo: How to develop a fundraising strategy (23:16)
StartWhat is a fundraising strategy and why do you need one?
StartWhat is the grant cycle?
StartWhat NGOs can Learn from Businesses
StartDiversifying Funding Sources
Start5 Common Fundraising Mistakes Even INGOs Make
StartThe Challenges of Fundraising (and how to overcome them)
Start3 Habits of Successful Fundraisers
StartHow to develop a fundraising strategy?
StartCheat Sheet Module 1
StartQuiz Module 1
StartHomework Module 1
StartWelcome to Module 2: Donor Research
StartVideo: How do I organize my donor research? (31:06)
StartWhat is donor research and why do I need it?
StartDon´t know how to start your donor research? Here are four easy steps to begin
StartWhat are the best ways to do donor research?
StartHow can I organize my donor research?
StartIs it important to know and understand the donor before writing a proposal?
Start5 common mistakes NGOs make during donor research
StartCheat Sheet Module 2
StartQuiz Module 2
StartHomework Module 2
StartDonor Research Template
StartFundraising Resource Guide 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are frustrated with your current fundraising successes and want to learn more, come with us on this journey! When finishing this course, you will have a deep understanding of the fundraising cycle and its implications for your entire project and organization. If you follow through on the exercises and work through the workbook, you will also have a solid strategy and a first version of your proposal at hand! Start your successful fundraising for your organization today and join us! We are sure, this course will be a total gamechanger for you!