How to Connect with Potential Funders
Do you have a list of potential donors for your organization, but you’re not sure how to begin, how to approach them, and connect? Do your emails to new donors get ignored and you never get feedback? Don't despair – we can help.
Knowing how to meaningfully connect and network with donors will give you a huge advantage over your competitors. Around 70% of funding is probably awarded through contracts and not through open calls – but in these cases, an established relationship with a potential donor is of even greater importance. If the donor already knows you, you have a foot in the door that can lead to further funding and opportunities. Many NGOs approach donor networking as an afterthought – don't make this mistake. Make donor networking one of your priorities and introduce yourself as a reliable partner and fellow professional, even before you ask for or receive funding.
What will you learn from this course?
- Fundamentals of donor networking
- The value of dedicated donor networking efforts
- Connecting with donors
- Writing cold emails that get through
- Using strategic donor networking to make your fundraising more successful
This online course consists of:
- Video lectures with tips and tricks from our instructor Erik Detiger, where he shares his experiences from over two decades of work in the fundraising field
- A quiz that will make sure you understand everything you need to know
- A cheat sheet with all the important information for when you are in a hurry
- A workbook that will help you to implement the learned lessons in your organization
Who should take this course?
- NGO managers and executive directors
- Fundraising and development professionals for local and international NGOs
- Non-profit consultants and consulting firms
- Fundraisers for local NGOs and small organizations
- Fundraisers for a cause close to their heart
Philantropia is an Approved Provider for Continuing Education in Fundraising. Full participation in “Donor Networking” is applicable for 4.0 points in Category 1. B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification. CFRE is an independent certification for fundraising professionals that aims to set standards in philanthropy through a valid and reliable certification process for fundraising professionals.
Participation in this program may assist you in learning or reviewing concepts covered on the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) examination as detailed on the Test Content Outline provided by CFRE International. CFRE International does not sponsor or endorse any educational programs and the (educational program title) was not developed in conjunction with CFRE International.
Hello! My name is Erik Detiger and I am a professional with over two decades of experience working in the field of international philanthropy and fundraising. As a highly successful international project manager and fundraising professional, I have raised over US$200 million for numerous international projects from a wide variety of government agencies, foundations, and institutions. I am the founder of Philantropia - an independent consultancy based in New York specialized in international fundraising and philanthropy and am excited to share my knowledge with you on this platform.
StartWelcome to Module 3: Donor Networking
StartVideo Donor Networking: (39:36)
StartWhat does donor Networking mean?
StartWhy is donor networking important for my fundraising strategy?
StartWho should I network with?
StartHow can I network with donors?
StartWho should contact the donors?
Start3 Simple Tips to Build your Donor Networking Strategy
StartCommon Mistakes When Emailing New Donors
StartQuiz Module 3
Frequently Asked Questions
Enroll in this course now to learn everything you need to know about how to successfully network with donors! See you on the inside!